- The EU is the leading foreign direct investment and the largest trading power, representing about 20% of world trade
- The EU is made up of 28 Member States, representing the world’s largest economy (25% of world GDP in 2012, with € 12.6 trillion)
- EU moves 16% of all global exports and imports.
- The EU consists of 21 million small and medium enterprises.
- Freedom of movement allows the removal of controls at internal borders, standardization of customs procedures and a common policy on short-stay visas.
- The EU allows free movement of people, capital, labor and goods, enabling any company to project internationally
- The EU is the most important developing countries trading partner.
- The EU receives an annual per capita income of between USD 25,000 to USD 34,000 the highest in the world.
- The EU is the largest trading bloc in the world, and has a GDP that since 1992 has increased by 3.5 times, up to 14 billion euros